We have put together a list of useful links to external websites.
For guidance to MPI Regulatory Requirements can be found at the following links:
- MPI Food Safety Website - The Food Act 2014 came into force on 1 March 2016. Find out more and what it means for you.
- Where do I fit Calculator - Use this tool to find out what rules you need to follow under the Food Act 2014.
- MPI Transition Timetable - Existing food businesses will transition between 2016 and 2019 according to this timetable.
- Legislation - Food Act 2014 - NZ Legislation Website
- Food Regulations 2015 - NZ Legislation Website
- Food Standards Australia New Zealand - FSANZ website
- Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code - Code
- Codex Alimentarius - International Food Standards
- Food (Fees and Charges) Amendment Regulations 2015 - NZ Legislation Website
MPI Forms and Documents
- Codes of Practice and Templates
- MPI Resources - A list of publications, documents, guidance and other resources to help you understand and meet your obligations under the Food Act 2014.
- Forms - MPI forms and documents you may need when registering your Food Control Plan or National Programme
- Media Releases - Subscribe to MPI media releases and website updates
- Food Recalls & Warnings
- Allergen Management
- Food Standards - Food Allergen Portal
- Hazard Database
- Listeria Management
- Microbiological Limits
- Shelf Life Testing Guidelines
- Foodborne Pathogen Guidance
Food Safety Consultants - QAS Alliances
Useful Tools For Businesses
- My Labels is a labelling tool developed by Carousel Confectionery Ltd whereby labels can be printed based on products within the websiteNutrition Information Panel Calculator
- Food Labelling Calculator - Zubi
- Food Composition Data
- Hygiene Technologies for Swabs using Gels
- Hands Free Rubbish Bins
- Supplier of Push Rods that convert a Wheelie Bin to Pedal Bin
- 3M - Food Safety & Microbiology
With over 20 years in the NZ Food and Dairy Industry, FF Instrumentation Ltd supplies, repairs and supports analytical and process instrumentation for Quality control, product development and process optimisation. Our customers include some of the very largest companies in these industries, as well as many smaller operations and the research institutes which support the industry. Complete quality and process control solutions, supplied, calibrated, repaired and fully supported locally.
The DataTrace products are self-contained, wireless, high precision, data loggers that are used in critical manufacturing, quality control and transportation applications. They are used to measure temperature, humidity and pressure inside a process or inside a product during manufacturing.
The Thermochron family of iButtons are temperature data loggers which record and store time, temperature, and optional humidity for later analysis. The iButton's embedded computer chip integrates a globally unique address, a thermometer, a thermal history log, an alarm event log, and additional memory to store user data, such as location data or a shipping manifest. Thermochrons are recyclable and under normal conditions, will log data for up to 10 years or 1 million temperature measurements.
Monitoring Thermally Sensitive Products - iButtons easily attach to containers of frozen or fresh foods, blood products, and chemicals or drug reagents, recording time and temperature during transport and storage. By logging the thermal experience of temperature-sensitive material, you can pinpoint responsibility for spoilage and take corrective action.
Temperature control in the food industry is as crucial to product quality as it is to the fulfilment of hygiene requirements and the maintenance of defined ambient conditions when shipping or storing foodstuffs. Testo offers a range of instruments for the food industry which are HACCP International certified and therefore guarantee the accurate measuring results needed for compliance with the relevant regulations.
All electronic instruments are supplied complete with calibration certificates, so you can be confident that the measurements you’re taking are accurate & can be relied upon for audit purposes.
Thermometers both probe and infra red, data loggers, probe wipes etc
Temperature monitoring devices and systems are used From fridge cells and fridges to process monitoring (sterilisation, pasteurisation etc.), from food market to pharmaceutical industry, to logistic and warehouses control, to transport and environment monitoring. Each solution is designed specifically on the different application needs, with dedicated software and accessories.