Multi-Business Templated Food Control Plan Verification Audit
If you operate from fixed places (shops or packing houses) in more than one council area, you are called a 'multi-site' business. Multi-site businesses can choose whether to register:
- Each place separately with each local council
- Register them all together with MPI.
A templated Food Control Plan (FCP) is a comprehensive plan for managing food safety. MPI has developed templates to make creating your plan easier.
Two templates are available. Choose the one that you think will work best in your business.
Template FCPs are suitable for:
- Food retail businesses that prepare or make and sell food – such as a butcher, a fishmonger, a retail bakery, a delicatessen or supermarket,
- Food service businesses, such as restaurants, cafes, takeaways or on- or off-site caterers. The template may also be used by operators of residential care facilities.
Before you register with MPI, contact us and we will guide you through the process and provide a proposal.
To register your multi-site business with MPI you will need:
- A letter from QAS confirming we will verify you
- A completed 'scope of operations' form – this tells us exactly what your business does
- A completed registration form
- Address details for all the places where you make or sell food. If you're registering with MPI then you must be operating a food business from more than one address. Include each address on your registration form or you can use our template spreadsheet for multi-site addresses
- A copy of the Companies Act registration certificates for any parts of your business that are limited liability companies
To verify your documented templated Food Control Plan documentation and operating practices for compliance against the approved programme and to determine compliance with the Food Act 2014, Food Regulations 2015, MPI approval and conditions, Notices and any applicable codes of practice.
We visit your operations and verify whether your approved programme is in place and is effective. This is carried out by checking your records, interviewing staff and observing practices in line with your documented programme
- Any deficiencies identified are reported to you immediately, Follow this link for more information on verification outcomes: MPI Verification Topic Outcomes
- An audit report is issued and audit outcomes are communicated to MPI,
- Upon closure of your audit report a certificate will be issued.
Further guidance can be found on the MPI website; follow this link Steps to a template food control plan